Welcome to django-parler’s documentation!¶
“Easily translate “cheese omelet” into “omelette du fromage”.
django-parler provides Django model translations without nasty hacks.
- Nice admin integration.
- Access translated attributes like regular attributes.
- Automatic fallback to the other default languages.
- Separate table for translated fields, compatible with django-hvad.
- Plays nice with others, compatible with django-polymorphic, django-mptt and such:
- No ORM query hacks.
- Easy to combine with custom Manager or QuerySet classes.
- Easy to construct the translations model manually when needed.
- Quick start guide
- Configuration options
- Template tags
- Performance guidelines
In depth topics¶
- Advanced usage patterns
- Translations without fallback languages
- Using translated slugs in views
- Making existing fields translatable
- Adding translated fields to an existing model
- Integration with django-mptt
- Integration with django-polymorphic
- Integration with django-guardian
- Integration with django-rest-framework
- Multi-site support
- Disabling caching
- Constructing the translations model manually
- Customizing language settings
- Django compatibility
- API documentation
- Changes in 1.9.1 (2017-12-06)
- Changes in 1.9 (2017-12-04)
- Changes in 1.8.1 (2017-11-20)
- Changes in 1.8 (2017-06-20)
- Changes in 1.7 (2016-11-29)
- Changes in 1.6.5 (2016-07-11)
- Changes in 1.6.4 (2016-06-14)
- Changes in 1.6.3 (2016-05-05)
- Changes in 1.6.2 (2016-03-08)
- Changes in version 1.6.1 (2016-02-11)
- Changes in version 1.6 (2015-12-29)
- Changes in version 1.5.1 (2015-10-01)
- Changes in version 1.5 (2015-06-30)
- Changes in version 1.4 (2015-04-13)
- Changes in version 1.3 (2015-03-13)
- Changes in version 1.2.1 (2014-10-31)
- Changes in version 1.2 (2014-10-30)
- Changes in version 1.1.1 (2014-10-14)
- Changes in version 1.1 (2014-09-29)
- Changes in version 1.0 (2014-07-07)
- Changes in version 0.9.4 (beta)
- Changes in version 0.9.3 (beta)
- Changes in version 0.9.2 (beta)
- Changes in version 0.9.1 (beta)
- Changes in version 0.9 (beta)
The following features are on the radar for future releases:
- Multi-level model inheritance support
- Improve query usage, e.g. by adding “Prefetch” objects.
Please contribute your improvements or work on these area’s!